TRAI has announced higher level of control in opting in/out from receiving commercial communication. While the number to which messages are to be sent or calls to be made remains the same, there are preferences that the customer can set now. Below are the categories available.
- Banking/Insurance/Financial Products/Credit Cards
- Real Estate
- Consumer goods and automobiles
- Tourism and Leisure
0 (zero) stands for “All/Full”. Below are a few examples
- To block all messages and calls, send START 0
- To start only Real Estate related promos, send START 2
- To start Health and Education, send START 3,4
In all cases, you are opted out from promo calls. The preferential sign-up is currently for messages only.